CEF LEVELS / EAE LEVELS
A1 – Cadre European de Referencement Breakthrough
EAE – BEGINNER
- Use a narrow range of language adequate for basic communication
- Greet people, recognise some public notices and signs.
- Produce phases about everyday situations, which require predictable language.
A2 – Cadre European de Referencement Waystage
EAE level PRE INT
- Use language for survival in a foreign country.
- Ask simple questions and obey simple instructions.
- Use a limited range of language for short communication and practical need. Breakdowns in communication can be recovered with repetition and assistence.
B1 – Cadre European de Referencement Thresold
EAE – INT A
- Cope linguistically in a range of everyday situations, which require a predictable use of language.
- Ask simple questions for clarification.
- Write a straghtforward routine letter and understand parts of a presentation or discussion on predictable matters.
B2 – Cadre European de Referencement Vantage
EAE – INT B
- Handle the main structures of the language with some confidence and demonstrate knowledge of a wide range of vocabulary.
- Produce written texts of various types, showing the ability to develop an argument as well as describe or recount events.
- Grasp the main points of a radio or TV programme, presentation or demonstration.
C1 – Cadre European de Referencement – Effective operational proficieny (EOP)
EAE POST INT
- Use the gramatical structures of the language with ease and fluency.
- Adapt their language use to a variety of social and work situations, express opinions and take part in discussions in a culturally acceptable away.
- Produce a variety of texts and use the language in a creative and flexible way.
C2 – Cadre European de Referencement – Mastery
EAE – ADVANCED
- Use an extensive range of language in a range of culturally appropriate ways.
- Cope with language use situations of everyday life with ease, including conversations on a variety of topics and in a variety of contexts. Lapses in appropriacy of language used in communication are recovered with ease.